WindStream Communications Engineer III/Sr/Consultant in Greenville, South Carolina
* Work with the business for proper representation of equipment, equipment specs, Network Systems, connections, orders, etc. to ensure Metasolv records are represented as physically built.
* Perform analysis and/or resolution on incoming remedy tickets from multiple user groups.
* Pro-actively drive improvements in the methods, guidelines and best-practices within and across organizations
* Act as technical consultant within and outside assigned department in area of expertise.
* Define and analyze current gaps and recommend solutions.
* Establish training, and job aid documentation to improve workflow and educate users.
* Provide overall support for MSS application to all business groups.
* Provide support for user issues, including data errors, user errors, software issues, questions, etc.
* Serve as a single point of contact/liaison with Windstream IT groups for MSS system issues. Work independently with Prodapt for testing resolution on system issues.
* Support grooming of colleagues to increase knowledge, experience and leadership * Assist business groups with escalation of stalled or rejected orders as needed.
Be a professional Team Player and multi-task. Be an active supporter of Windstream’s core beliefs:WOW CUSTOMERS,PEOPLE POWEREDandBUILD BRIDGES. Be an active supporter of Windstream’s core values:COLLABORATION,ACCOUNTABILITY,AGILTYandRESPECT.
Minimum Qualifications: * SME knowledge of Metasolv database * SME knowledge of Transport, Data, Voice Network * Excellent oral and written communication skills * Excellent interpersonal skills * Excellent analytical skills * Excellent leadership skills * Ability to take lead and manage high priority projects with little to no day-to-day instruction * Ability to prioritize projects * Working knowledge of DCS, MUX, Voice Switches, Ethernet Devices, Data Devices and SONET/Optical Networks * JIRA/Confluence/SharePoint * 8-10 years of equipment modeling experience OR * 8-10 years of circuit design experience * 6-8 years of IP/Ethernet Experience OR * 6-8 years of IP/Ethernet Experience * Provide technical leadership for Data / Transport device configurations
*Desired Qualifications: * * SQL/PL-SQL
College degree and 8-10 years related experience or 12 years equivalent related Engineering/Technical experience or a combination of education and related Engineering/Technical experience required
Primary Location: *US-South Carolina-Greenville
Job Category: *Engineering
EEO Statement: Employment at Windstream is subject to post offer, pre-employment drug testing. Equal Opportunity Employer including minority/female/disability/veteran; Without regard to
Requisition ID: 18003342
Other Locations: United States, US-Ohio-Twinsburg, US-Indiana-Evansville, US-Kentucky-Lexington, US-Arkansas-Little Rock, US-New York-Rochester, US-North Carolina-Matthews, US-North Carolina-Charlotte, US-Iowa-Hiawatha, US-Nebraska-Lincoln