WindStream Communications Manager II-IT OSS in Greenville, South Carolina
The IT Manager II is responsible for leading the team of SDN developers responsible for collaboratively designing, planning, and implementing the company’s SDN initiatives. Is also responsible for the on-going delivery success of those solutions as well as supporting the applications needed to meet the initiatives. Works with all levels and business lines within the company to implement solutions. This position will also work collaboratively with the other IT, Network, Operations, and business verticals to ensure collaborative and consensus is gained for strategic decisions.
- Participate in the overall design/architecture and plans, performs and implements SDN initiatives impacting the network orchestration and network management platforms.
- Leads the team in diagraming and evaluating existing applications and processes (as-is and to-be).
- Organizes, leads, and facilitates cross-functional project teams.
- Develops metrics that provide data that provides insight into overall solution health.
- Collects data to identify root cause of problems.
- Measures team’s performance against solution requirements.
- Aligns internal and vendor communications to eliminate performance shortfalls.
- May deliver presentations and overviews to the internal business on the solution and application of the solution to business practice.
- As a facilitator, uses professional concepts in developing resolution to critical issues and broad design matters.
- Works on issues that impact design/selling success or address future concepts, products or technologies.
- Responsible for creating the ongoing support model and process for the platform, ongoing enhancement process, and application assurance process/capability for the platform.
- Stays up-to-date on all SDN/NFV principles including TOSCA, YANG, XOS, ONOS and Netconf and ensures the staff becomes SMEs in these principles.
SDN, NFV, business process, as-is, to-be, project management, telecom, consulting, data analysis, root cause, statistics, hypothesis testing.
Desired Qualifications: College degree in a Technical or related field and 8 years professional level experience with 3-4 years supervisory experience for roles with supervision; or 12 years professional level related Technical experience with 3-4 years supervisory experience for roles with supervision; or an equivalent combination of education and professional level related Technical experience desired.
Primary Location: *US-South Carolina-Greenville
Job Category: *IT
EEO Statement: Employment at Windstream is subject to post offer, pre-employment drug testing. Equal Opportunity Employer including minority/female/disability/veteran; Without regard to
Requisition ID: 18002011
Other Locations: US-Arkansas-Little Rock