WindStream Communications Network Analyst II/III-NOC in Greenville, South Carolina
The Transport Network Operations NA2/NA3 will be responsible for monitoring, trouble shooting, and repair of the Windstream Transport network. Your responsibility will include troubleshooting/redesigning issues on the backbone network for SONET and DWDM, Packet optical (layer2) issues. This position is operating in a 24x7 environment and will involve weekends and holidays. Position will identify/troubleshoot issues in a high-pressure environment. You will be required to react to repair tickets involving the Transport network and coordinate with Transport Engineering, Field Operations, and OSP Engineering to successfully clear Windstream troubles within pre-determined MTTR (mean time to repair) guidelines.
Other activities may include: * Troubleshoot Electrical, SONET and DWDM, Packet optical (layer2) issues on the network as needed. * Professionally interact with both internal and external customers. * Accurately use tools to test DWDM, OCN and DS3 outages. * Communicate equipment and design issues with other internal groups. * Precise and complete ticket notation. * Adherence to all Transport department processes and administrative documentation.
- *Knowledge, Skills, or Abilities
- Experience with the following equipment: Fujitsu Flashwave product line (7420,4500, 4100, FLM150, FLM2400, Lucent DDM2000, Lucent DMX,; Hatteras, Overture, Alcatel 1640, 1648, 1603 ;Turin; Nortel OC48Classic; Tellabs 5500, Alcatel 1631, Cyan Z33/Z77, Cisco ONS 15454, Cisco CPT, Infinera, Ciena 4200,6500 z series, Tellabs 7100; Huawei.
- Ability to effectively isolate issues in a timely manner
- Familiar with CWDM/DWDM(C-band, L-band, Digital DWDM) theories and protocols, must have experience with troubleshooting wavelengths (OCN long haul systems)
- Proficient troubleshooting SONET(T3/T1, OC-3, OC-12, OC-48, OC-192)
- Thorough understanding of sub-tended equipment and circuits
- Ability to effectively direct field technicians and other personnel during troubleshooting and maintenance activities.
- Thorough understanding of change management
- Requires little to no supervision
- Experience with test sets(JDSU, T-berd, Exfo)
- Trouble shoot
* Shift work and on-call responsibility
* Computer skills including Excel, Outlook, Visio * Time management skills * Attention to detail and good troubleshooting methodologies. * Strong verbal and written communication skills
Education and Experience
Associate Degree in a technical discipline and 4-6 years technical/telephony experience with 4 years directly related to the job; or 7 years of directly related telephony or network operations experience and/or an equivalent combination of education and directly related experience required.
Desired Qualifications: * Minimum of 3 years experience with Optical/Electrical/DWDM environment * Minimum of 2 years experience in a NOC/Repair environment * Associates Degree or experience to match * Experience in a high paced, high pressure and goal driven environment
Primary Location: *US-South Carolina-Greenville
Job Category: *Engineering
EEO Statement: Employment at Windstream is subject to post offer, pre-employment drug testing. Equal Opportunity Employer including minority/female/disability/veteran; Without regard to
Requisition ID: 18001891