WindStream Communications Security Engineer III in Greenville, South Carolina
The Security Engineer III is responsible for providing third-tier, advanced implementation, troubleshooting, and operational support for Windstream Managed Network Security products, including Fortinet NGFW and Enterprise firewall solutions, FortiSIEM, and managed active DDoS mitigation services.
- Provide an advanced escalation tier for all technical, operational, and informational concerns within CSOC, including service implementation, troubleshooting, security event analysis and mitigation, outage remediation, upgrades and expansions of offerings within the existing ecosystem.
- Carry out advanced/extensive proof-of-concept testing, troubleshooting, and documentation as needed to support service implementation and quality-assurance goals.
- Where assigned, assume operational responsibility for the hardware and software systems supporting specific CSOC functions, acting in concert with other Engineering and Operations teams as needed to assure seamless support for those systems.
- Maintain up-to-date and knowledge of all CSOC and Windstream product and service offerings, as well as all processes and procedures related to the provision and delivery thereof, and also create corresponding documentation and training materials as required/assigned to facilitate continuing education and development of CSOC staff.
- Refine and develop monitoring, correlation, and remediation use cases and the associated system assets (for instance, FortiSIEM correlation rulesets, IPS sensors/filters, PeakFlow telemetry assets, etc.) in response to the needs of staff and or production customers.
A Security Engineer III will be tasked with a complex and diverse array of responsibilities across a number of skill domains. Effective discharge of his/her responsibilities will require:
- An advanced-to-expert knowledge and comfort level across all areas of data networking, from carrier-level distribution to common LAN service deployment patterns;
- Exceptional familiarity with the deployment, configuration, and troubleshooting of perimeter security appliances and security event monitoring services/products into diverse data environments in a secure, compliant, and maintainable manner;
- Effective project management and general leadership capabilities, with the ability to carry out long-range and open-ended initiatives with minimal oversight, to engage diverse resources inside and outside of Windstream as needed, and to serve in all interactions as an exemplar of Windstream’s and of CSOC’s core principles of professionalism and service.
- The ability to prioritize and multitask deeply across several problem domains with competing and frequently changing requirements and deadlines;
- Exceptional written and verbal communications abilities.
- 4 years advanced-level experience implementing perimeter firewalls, UTM platforms, SIEM technologies, and DoS/DDoS mitigation mechanisms (Arbor solutions preferred) in diverse production data networks.
- 2 years SIEM/IDS platform experience, preferably including both content creation/tuning/refinement and event analysis and response. (Arbor preferred).
- Familiarity with other common data security regulatory frameworks and ability to identify impacts of same on security implementation designs (HIPPA, FIPS-140, etc.).
- Demonstrable software development and/or systems administration experience, with preference given to tools/systems deployed to support network automation, data mining, and carrier-scale production work.
- At least one year working on production-scale implementation projects in a cross-discipline Enterprise Engineering/Operations environment.
- 4 years working in a cross-discipline Enterprise/ISP engineering and/or service delivery environment.
- Advanced vendor-specific certifications (FCNSP, CCNP, etc.)
- Strong preference given to information-security-specific certifications (CISSP, GSEC/GCED, CEH, etc.)
*Minimum Requirements: *
College degree in Engineering or a related field and 3-5 years professional level experience; or 7 years professional level related Engineering/Technical experience; or an equivalent combination of education and professional level related Engineering/Technical experience required.
Primary Location: *US-South Carolina-Greenville
Job Category: *Engineering
EEO Statement: Employment at Windstream is subject to post offer, pre-employment drug testing. Equal Opportunity Employer including minority/female/disability/veteran; Without regard to
Requisition ID: 18001950