WindStream Communications Supervisor-Engineering OSP in Lincoln, Nebraska
The Supervisor – Engineering OSP is an entry level management role that provides direction to employees concerning outside plant installation and/or maintenance activities. Works on problems of diverse scope where analysis of data requires evaluation of a variety of factors.
Job Responsibilities:* *
- Exercise engineering/supervisory judgement in selecting methods/techniques for obtaining solutions
- Provide the planning, analysis, recommendations, work guidance or deviations in support of new construction of outside plant network structures and facilities, including digital loop carrier systems and technology
- Construction activities may be related to new facilities or modification of existing facilities.
- Provide direction to employees according to established policies and management guidelines
- Requires ability to apply broad knowledge of a variety of vendor equipment
- Ability to apply broad knowledge of outside plant field operations sub-disciplines (aerial and buried cable placing and splicing methods, copper and fiber; feeder and distribution cable pair design; electronic pair gain design and deployment including transport requirements)
- Ability to lead a group of individual contributors in order to accomplish the goals of the department
- Ability to track, prioritize, and complete multiple projects simultaneously
- Ability to coordinate large numbers of jobs of differing natures and maintain budgeted levels
- Ability to effectively lead and provide technical direction to a technically oriented workforce dealing with a large volume of projects driven by diverse customer needs.
*Education and Experience: *
College degree and 3-5 years experience with 0-1 year supervisory experience desired or 7 years equivalent related Engineering/Technical experience with 0-1 year supervisory or a combination of education and related Engineering/Technical experience required.
*Desired Qualifications: *
Ability to track, prioritize, and complete multiple projects simultaneously. Ability to coordinate large numbers of jobs of differing natures and maintain budgeted levels. Ability to effectively lead and provide technical direction to a technically oriented workforce dealing with a large volume of projects driven by diverse customer needs.
Primary Location: *US-Nebraska-Lincoln
Job Category: *Engineering
EEO Statement: Employment at Windstream is subject to post offer, pre-employment drug testing. Equal Opportunity Employer including minority/female/disability/veteran; Without regard to
Requisition ID: 18001930