WindStream Communications Network Analyst I-NOC in Little Rock, Arkansas
General Summary: The Wholesale Network Operations Analyst II will be responsible for monitoring, troubleshooting and the repair functions within the Windstream Wholesale Service Assurance team. This position will be operating in a 24x7 fast paced customer facing operations environment and will involve working weekends and holidays. Responsibility for the operational support and troubleshooting for all on/off net SONET (Optical OC3-OC192, Electrical (DS0-DS3), Ethernet, Gigabit Ethernet, Dark Fiber Wholesale customer data and transport services.
* Troubleshooting SONET, Ethernet, Gigabit Ethernet, and Dark Fiber circuits
* Professionally interact with team members, and internal/external customers
* Works with LEC’s, IXC’s, vendors, internal departments, and customers to successfully troubleshoot impairments and outages as required.
* Utilize Remedy ticketing system for documentation, escalations and Field Dispatches.
* Follow prescribed escalation (internal/external) polices within SLAs * Provide leadership to team members * Accept escalations as provided by Management. * Ability to read and interpret CLR/DLRs * Provide precise, clear and complete ticket worklog documentation * Flexibility to work varied shifts and support a weekend/holiday on call rotation * Self-starter requiring little to no supervision * Comfortable working on a geographical dispersed repair team
* Adherence to all Wholesale Service Assurance department processes Preferred Requirements: * 4-6 years telecommunications industry or networking experience * Advanced understanding of; Fiber Optic Networks, DWDM and SONET, GIGE, Ethernet services. * Experienced working with Remedy ticketing system * Proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, Access & Microsoft Visio. Skills/Knowledge/Qualities: * Experienced troubleshooting Layer 1 through Layer 3 networks * Time management skills * Attention to detail and good troubleshooting methodologies * Strong verbal and written communication skills * Superior customer management skills Preferred Advanced Skills: * Well versed in optical Ethernet functionality * Familiarity with DWDM, passive and active systems * Ethernet over SONET services * Ciena/Cyan Z series transport (4200,6500) * Cisco ONS 15454 transport systems * Infinera experience * Accedian metro Ethernet familiarity – Metronode/Metronid technologies * L2/L3 VPN * MEF 2.0 * ELAN/ELINE/ETREE * BGP/OSPF/ISIS * Juniper/Cisco Router experience * Y.1564/Y.1731 Testing Standards * Troubleshooting experience with the following transport equipment: Fujitsu Flashwave product line, Lucent DMX, Hatteras, Overture, Alcatel, Turin, Nortel, Tellabs. Preferred *Certifications*: MEF, CCNA or JNCIA
*Minimum Requirements: * Associate or Bachelor’s Degree in a technical discipline and 4-6 years technical experience; or 7 years of directly related network operations experience and/or an equivalent combination of education.
Primary Location: *US-Arkansas-Little Rock
Job Category: *Engineering
EEO Statement: Employment at Windstream is subject to post offer, pre-employment drug testing. Equal Opportunity Employer including minority/female/disability/veteran; Without regard to
Requisition ID: 18002112
Other Locations: US-South Carolina-Greenville, US-Colorado-Denver