WindStream Communications Network Analyst I/II-NOC in Little Rock, Arkansas
Candidates should have experience in maintenance activity, writing MOPs or troubleshooting network equipment including switches, routers.
• Demonstrated strong understanding of LAN/WAN technologies and TCP/IP, Ethernet, PPP, Sonet.
• Demonstrated strong customer service skills
• Demonstrated strong technical skills in data networking or closely related field
• Strong knowledge of central office transport equipment including test methods
• Strong knowledge of OSI layer 2 technologies such as Ethernet, PPP, Sonet
• Strong ability to work complex problems, evaluate information and arrive at creative solutions
• Strong understanding of monitoring/troubleshooting practices and procedures
Job Duties include but are not limited to the following:
• Act as second level support for Access, CSMB, ERC, and other NOC verticals as needed.
Special Requirements/ Certifications:
Strong understanding of telecom networks and equipment. Intermediate to advanced knowledge of data networking with particular experience that includes ATM, xDSL, Ethernet, and/or L2 networks. One or more of the following network certifications desired: CCNA, CCNP, JNCIA, JNCIS
Associate Degree in a technical discpline and 4-6 years technical/telephony experience with 4 years directly related to the job; or 7 years of directly related telephony or network operations experience and/or an equivalent combination of education and directly related experience required.
Primary Location: *US-Arkansas-Little Rock
Job Category: *Engineering
EEO Statement: Employment at Windstream is subject to post offer, pre-employment drug testing. Equal Opportunity Employer including minority/female/disability/veteran. Windstream is a drug-free workplace.
Requisition ID: 18001569
Other Locations: US-South Carolina-Greenville