WindStream Communications Business Systems Technician I in State College, Pennsylvania
TheBusiness Systems Technician Iinstalls, maintains, and repairs telecommunication system equipment and services primarily for business customers. This position handles mostly routine assignments; communicates with customers regarding installation/repair; and, promotes and sells company products and features based on customer needs.
- Install, maintain, and repair telecommunication system equipment
- Communicate with customers regarding installation/repair
- Promote and sell company products
- Present and conduct self in a professional manner and promote a positive company image to the public
- Operate a variety of tools and devices including diagnostic equipment
- Safely operate and maintain a clean and organized company service vehicle
- Successfully complete required safety training
- Adhere to safety standards and regulations
- A valid driver's license and safe driving record is required
- Experience with a variety of system platforms and peripherals
- Knowledge and experience with Customer Premise Equipment (CPE) voice and/or data
- Demonstrate proficient verbal and written communication skills
- Basic knowledge of grammar rules and business math
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to multi-task, prioritize daily tasks, and perform successfully in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to troubleshoot, solve complex problems, identify roadblocks, and make decisions
- Ability to accommodate a flexible schedule, including overtime, after hours call-outs, days, evening, weekends, and holidays
- Ability to distinguish colors in use of color-coded cable
- Ability to use equipment with maximum load capacity of 275 lbs.
- Capable of lifting up to 50 lbs.
- Capable of working aloft
- Training/certifications directly related to the job is preferred; however, not required
- Customer service and/or sales experience is preferred; however, not required Minimum Requirements: Associate Degree in a technical discipline and 3-4 years of technical/telephony experience with 3 years directly related to the job; or 6 years of directly related telephony or network operations experience and/or an equivalent combination of education and directly related experience; or applicable military experience required.
Primary Location: *US-Pennsylvania-State College
Job Category: *Field Operations
EEO Statement: Employment at Windstream is subject to post offer, pre-employment drug testing. EOE AA M/F/Veteran/Disability Employer. Windstream is a drug-free workplace.
Requisition ID: 18002166