WindStream Communications Network Technician I/II in Tukwila, Washington
- Performs routine and non-routine installation, maintenance, and repair activities for network and customer systems including voice, data, network, transport, and video equipment.
- Presents and conducts self in a professional manner; promotes positive company image to the public.
- Completes post installation tests for call processing functionality and AMA testing.
- Performs periodic routine maintenance tasks.
- Also responsible for facility maintenance at Windstream network locations – generator, HVAC, Life Safety/Fire Suppression, cleaning, etc.
Preferred Skills:* - Strong communication and customer service skills. - Strong math and PC skills. - Attention to detail and problem solving skills. - Demonstrated understanding of telecommunications voice and data networks and network technologies. - Knowledge of computer hardware, software, components, and applications. -Ability to distinguish colors in use of color-coded cable. - Ability to work outside in all weather conditions. - Ability to use equipment with maximum load capacity of 275 lb. - Capable of working aloft, climbing, bending, pulling, reaching overhead, and lifting up to 50 lbs. - Must successfully complete required safety training. - Must be available to work assigned schedules and extended hours including day, evening, weekend, and holiday hours. - Required to respond to after hour call-outs. - Valid driver’s license and safe driving record.
- Degree in electronics, telephony, or computer technology. Certifications in applicable system platforms and equipment.
- Knowledge and experience in network systems including voice, data, network, transport, and video equipment. Knowledge and experience in using test equipment for trouble shooting products and services.
*Minimum Requirements: * Associate Degree in a technical discipline and 4-6 years technical/telephony experience with 4 years directly related to the job; or 6 years of directly related telephony or network operations experience and/or an equivalent combination of education and directly related experience required.
Primary Location: *US-Washington-Tukwila
Job Category: *Field Operations
EEO Statement: Employment at Windstream is subject to post offer, pre-employment drug testing. Equal Opportunity Employer including minority/female/disability/veteran; Without regard to
Requisition ID: 18002433