WindStream Communications Major Account Executive in Walnut Creek, California
· Meets or exceeds company sales metrics by gaining profitable business from both existing customers and new logo Fortune 1000 companies through a strategic and consultative approach and becoming a recognized expert in the marketplace.
· Gains access to Fortune 1000 C-Level Executives at targeted companies in the area by prospecting deep and wide within the organization; leveraging relationships with referral partners and key industry partners; communicating and collaborating with other internal sales teams; and gaining referrals from current customers.
· Generates sales to new logo Enterprise-sized companies by developing executive sponsorship with top-level influencers; building long-term, mutually beneficial relationships with all influencers; listening to learn all critical business issues (CBIs) and wins/losses of all influencers; developing and executing a strategic approach for selling multiple complex solutions with multiple buying influencers; challenging conventional thinking to enhance credibility and establish differentiation from competitors; presenting the company brand and differentiating Windstream from competitors; researching public and private company information; gaining insight of company’s business strategy; analyzing company’s competitive market and comparing it with similar companies.; organizing internal resources appropriate for each customer opportunity; delivering customized solutions which meet customer expectations and address CBIs; and following-up to ensure customer satisfaction and gain referrals.
· Generates additional sales to Existing Customers by enhancing and strengthening relationships with C-Level executives; earning trusted advisor status with all levels of the organization through a collaborative and consultative approach; influencing future business and operational initiatives by continually updating the customer on how to leverage new product offerings to achieve desired results; and developing and maintaining a strategic plan for future sales; and manages multiple complex opportunities at the same time.
· Follows a disciplined, structured sales process for complex sales by deploying solution selling and strategic selling tools and techniques; submitting activity and results reports on time; managing sales opportunity progress through Salesforce; and submitting accurate orders in a timely manner.
· Develops referral partners by building a professional network in the market; establishing relationships with productive partners in the market; educating partners on the benefits of recommending Windstream products and services; designing a system of effective interaction to pursue optimum opportunities; and identifying and uncovering non-traditional partners in the market.
· Achieves expert status in the marketplace by demonstrating Windstream cultural beliefs; properly preparing for each customer interaction; maintaining the appropriate appearance and demeanor; applying superior salesmanship and persuasive presentation skills at the Executive Level; viewing customer objections as a natural part of the process and maintaining poise under pressure to seamlessly handle those objections; proactively seeks coaching and uses analytics to track and improve performance; effectively managing time; and keeping abreast of industry trends to improve business acumen.
Minimum Requirements:College degree or equivalent and 8 years field sales experience directly related to job (outside, direct sales experience) or 12 years job-related field sales experience; or an equivalent combination of education and job-related field sales experience required.
Primary Location: *US-California-Walnut Creek
Job Category: *Sales
EEO Statement: Employment at Windstream is subject to post offer, pre-employment drug testing. Equal Opportunity Employer including minority/female/disability/veteran. Windstream is a drug-free workplace.
Requisition ID: 18001534